Jan 15, 2011

SWEAT. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!

This appeared in my email last Friday. I think the reality of not knowing what to say and the futility of attempting to smokebomb a panel of professors will only hit me when the weekend is over.

2011 International Real Estate Case Competition - Shortlisted for interview

Dear Jansen,

You have been shortlisted for an interview with the selection panel. You will be given 5 minutes to talk about “The most pressing issue or challenge facing the Singapore real estate industry”. There is no need for presentation slides.

Your allocated slot is: Thursday 20th January 3.00 pm.

4 comments:

  1. dont sweat jansen! you are the king of fact logic and smoke all at the same time! wo xiang xing ni ke yi de! love your speeches man, whether or not we share the views. haha. and what goodies await you if you win this??
    (sorry if this is a re-post, not sure if my first time got thru..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gerry trust me so much? you have more faith in me than i have in myself.

    it is a collaboration between usc (university of southern california) and nus. as for the question of what goodies will await me.. hmm.. it's more like what hard work awaits me, because nus is sending a team of 3 real estate and 3 business students to compete. i guess it'll be good for exposure and learning (and perhaps resume building as well)..

    happy birthday btw. heh. take care of that ankle! heard you put up a gutsy performance on your first route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!
    long time no chat. so how is this comp going along?

    -V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey V,

    I signed up for this thinking it would be good exposure. I made it to the interview, but didnt get selected. It's a shame though, because I could really contribute with my ability to sit through hours of reading research and my presentation skills.

    Perhaps some things arent meant to be. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise, since I can now channel my energies towards other pursuits.

    Jansen

    ReplyDelete