Aug 13, 2009

start of a new sem


am beginning on year 2 now. hoping that 6 modules this sem wont kill me.


this sem i'm taking:
RE2801 Urban Planning
RE2802 Real Estate Economics
SC1101E Making Sense of Society
WP2201A Expository Writing: Language Death
PH1101E Reason and Persuasion
ES2007D Professional Communication

having 3 arts modules makes me feel more like an arts student rather than a real estate student. some people have asked me why have i taken a real estate degree, when i should really take an arts degree because of my love for reading and writing. i guess it's because i find more practical use in a real estate degree. i could always pursue the arts at a leisurely pace on my own accord.

frankly, i'm a little intimidated by my WP2201A class. it is a pilot project run by USP. the workload is rather heavy - 2 seminar style lessons a week 2 hours each time plus all the readings. furthermore, my other 14 peers come from fields like sociology, philosophy and political science. but whatever. the first lesson was really fun. the tutor is vastly experienced in linguistics and language. he helped broaden my perspective on language and also taught us how to avoid disastrously boring sentences in our writing. so far so good.

climbing has been good for me. staying at okr is a god send (just metaphorical). the spacious and airy room, and its proximity to the climbing gym will go a long way into helping me pull my CAP up. i'm able to get down to the gym for a dose of bouldering before hitting the books without the hassle of waiting for the freaking shuttle bus which comes at 30mins intervals at night. i can feel my bouldering improving slightly already.

i may not know what i want eventually out of my university education. but this i know. i know that i want to be that frog which crawls out of the bottom of his well. i want to travel to crags all over the world and climb my hardest. i want to climb up to the 8b level in the future. and i also want to get top 3 for an opens men bouldering competition in singapore. after all, if dreams arent far fetched and proposterous at first glance, then are such dreams worth chasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment