Mar 14, 2010

so tell me what makes a man


saw her fell badly just now during the competition. i froze. what should i do? to rush forward and help or to remain rooted where i stood? i promised myself to treat her as though she is invisible. i promised myself to not shed another tear again. i promised myself to always protect my heart first. one by one, these promises turned to naught.


where she landed and collapsed, she started crying. people carried her over to nearby where i was standing.

instinctively, i bent over to help her. i took off her shoes for her. i did it as tenderly as my shaking hands possibly could. when my hand touched her feet, a weird squirmish sensation wormed around my heart. why am i helping her when i promised myself to forget her existence? why am i helping someone who hurt me so deeply?

after everything settled down, i went away to a corner to cry. my promises to myself.. in broken pieces..

what's the point of getting 5th for open men if there is no one to share the joy with?

i dont understand how there can still be laughter in this world.
全世界 好象只有我疲惫

2 comments:

  1. dude, I don't even know who you are. But I read your letter to the christian girlfriend. I am Christian, and no I am not going to comment on whatever that you said. But I hope that you would move on from this. You are after all, 23.
    I do hope you meet someone worthy of you. :)
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your heartfelt letter; do not be disheartened. The measure of a man is the love he carries in his heart: a very special love that is neither selfish nor self-seeking but selfless. Do not be afraid to love, even those who do not share your feelings. If one is able to love selflessly and unconditionally, the spirit of God is already in him, for God IS Love. Not many understand this and what it means to love; perhaps in time, she too will see. Reason and faith need not be mutually exclusive; love is the key. Some blessings come disguised. Do not despair!

    ReplyDelete