Apr 21, 2010

facebook mail cont.


Hi there. I dont know you but I read your post from other people posting links to your note. Just wanna say it was fucking awesome. I'm an ex-catholic and I've made plenty of arguments on my own before quitting. Great stuff. Btw, the christianity isnt the only religion originating from the middle east with a story of a great flood in it. I took a mythology class in uni and it taught that the Mesopotamians had plenty of weather-disaster-due-to-gods stories as the area they were in was very prone to poor weather, flooding especially. Hence their religion was quite depressing in comparison to the egyptians who were a short distance away, and they celebrated floodings instead as the silt the flooding brought onto the land provided fertile soil for farming. So yeah. Good luck with everything. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment